Renters insurance FAQs

Many renters don’t have renters insurance coverage. Why is unknown. They may have questions about the benefit to renters of having this type of coverage. At Wine Valley Insurance Services in Napa, CA, we believe making sure our customers understand their coverage and why it benefits them is vital. 

Doesn’t my landlord have insurance?

Your landlord likely has insurance on the property he owns. That insurance, however, does not include your possessions, nor does it give you liability coverage or loss of use coverage the way a renters’ policy would. 

Does renters insurance cover my personal property when I travel?

Yes, it does. You might think that your property, if it is in your vehicle and gets stolen, would be covered by your auto insurance, but that is not the case. It is home, condo, or renters insurance that does that. 

Does renters insurance cover my dog?

Most dogs will be covered by the liability insurance provided by renters’ insurance. Some breeds have been excluded from insurance liability coverage for being too dangerous. Be sure to check with your insurer if you have a dog to ensure it is covered. 

What types of coverage does renters insurance provide?

Renters’ insurance provides personal property coverage, liability coverage, and loss of use insurance. Loss of use will help you pay for another place to stay when your rental becomes so damaged that you cannot live there. It might provide money for meals as well if you can’t cook. 

Contact Wine Valley Insurance Services in Napa, CA to learn more about why renters insurance can help every renter protect their property and finances. Give our office a call to discuss your needs with one of our experienced agents.